If you’re feeling adventurous a drop of truffle oil takes this tapenade to a whole other level. Try spreading it across ACE Bakery® baguettes cut in half or with the NEW ACE Bakery® Warm at Home Baguette and then broil to melt the cheese.
- 1 ACE Bakery® White Baguette (Cut in half for this recipe, or double recipe if using the full baguette) or 1 ACE Bakery® Baguette – Warm at Home
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sweet onion, finely minced
- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, finely minced
- ¼ cup Bella di Cerignola green olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 oz. Parmesan or Asiago cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano or marjoram, chopped
- ¼ cup whole roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil, garlic and onion over medium heat and cook gently for 2 or 3 minutes until fragrant and sizzling. Add the artichokes and lemon zest and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the capers, green olives, Parmesan, parsley, oregano, almonds and black pepper.
- Slice the baguette on the diagonal into twelve ½” (1.25 cm) thick slices. Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 or 7 minutes until crisp and the edges are just beginning to brown. Flip and toast for 1 minute more. Or chargrill on a BBQ or grill pan for
- 4 or 5 minutes turning once to brown each side of the baguette.
Place the baguette crisps on a serving platter and top with the artichoke tapenade and an extra drizzle of olive oil and oregano sprigs if desired
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.