Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
on ACE White Baguette
The ripest of summer tomatoes mingled with a little olive oil, a little garlic and a fragrant hit of fresh basil on toasted baguette. Perfect in its simplicity.
- 1 ACE Bakery® White Baguette
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 12 large basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 tsp. Maldon salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and scoop out seeds. Chop the tomatoes into a fine dice and place in a large bowl. If they are extra juicy, you can let them drain for a minute in a sieve. Stir in the garlic, onion, olive oil, balsamic, basil and salt and pepper.
- Slice the baguette on the diagonal into ½" (1.25 cm) thick slices. Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 or 7 minutes until crisp and the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Serve the bruschetta mixture in a bowl along with the warm baguette toasts for people to top themselves so the bread stays crisp.