Sautéed Shrimps and Scallops
with Honey-Green Onion Glaze
Truly fresh seafood needs little to enhance its natural flavor. Simply seared, with fresh honey and green onions, topped with Fleur de Sel's beautiful crystals add a delicate crunch to this fresh shrimp and scallop appetizer. It is a beautiful starter or a light main course served with a crisp glass of white wine and some ACE Bakery® Baguette to mop up the juices.
- 4 green onions
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. local honey
- 2 tsp. vegetable or grape seed oil
- 8 fresh scallops ("dry U/10" sea scallops)
- 12 fresh peeled BC Spot Prawns or Jumbo Shrimp
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Fleur de Sel or Mandarin Orange and Lime Sea Salt
- Juice from 1 lime (optional)
- Finely slice the green onion into delicate rings using both the green and the white parts.
- In a small skillet, heat the butter over medium heat and sauté the green onions until just soft, about 1 minute. Add the honey and heat to warm through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a large non-stick skillet, drizzle a very small amount of oil. When the pan is very hot, add the scallops to the pan and cook, without turning for 1½ minutes, until the scallops get a crispy, brown crust. Turn gently with tongs and cook for 1 minute more on the other side. Place the scallops on a warm serving platter.
- Add more oil and then the shrimp to the hot skillet and cook for 1 minute per side until pink and just cooked through.
- Nestle the shrimp with the scallops and drizzle with the warm honey and green onion glaze. Season with freshly ground black pepper and finish with a sprinkling of the salt. Drizzle with a few drops of lime juice if desired.