Marinated Oyster Tartine
with Mushroom and Lemon Herb Chèvre
Lemon and chèvre pairs wonderfully well with Oyster Mushrooms. These open-faced mushroom tartines spread with herbed chèvre and arugula are terrific for a weekend lunch. Topped with a soft poached egg and a fresh grinding of black pepper, they become a perfect brunch dish.
- 4½-inch slices of ACE Bakery® Harvest Multigrain Baguette or Garlic Oval
- 5 oz. log soft chèvre
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 cup baby arugula, loosely packed
- ¾ cup marinated mushrooms, preferably Oyster Mushrooms
- Place the chèvre, olive oil, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh herbs in the bowl of a food processor and process for about 1 minute, or until smooth and the herbs are finely chopped.
- Lightly toast or grill the bread and while still warm, spread each slice generously with 2 tbsp. of the Lemon Herb Chèvre. Divide the arugula and marinated mushrooms evenly over the tartines and finish with a little more black pepper if desired.