Fig and Pear Bruschetta With Ricotta
on ACE Bakery White Baguette
This pear and fig chutney with all the warm spiced flavors of the holidays will keep well in the fridge for two weeks. Try it in a grilled cheese sandwich with aged cheddar or Brie.
- 1 ACE Bakery® White Baguette
- 2 sugar pears
- 6 dried figs
- ¼ cup red onion, finely minced
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Port
- ½ cup ricotta
Peel, core and cut the pears into small dice. In a small heavy bottomed pot, combine the pears together with the next 9 ingredients for the chutney and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pears are tender and the liquid is syrupy and mostly absorbed. Cool slightly before using to allow the chutney to set.
- Slice the baguette on the diagonal into twelve ½" thick slices. Save remaining part of baguette for snacking or use in other recipes. Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes until crisp and the edges are just beginning to brown. Flip and toast for 1 minute more.
- Top each baguette crisp with a spoonful of ricotta and a generous heaping of fig and pear chutney.