Cheesy Garlic and Green Onion Stuffed Baguette
with ACE White Baguette
Be a dinnertime hero with this ultimate garlic bread featuring our classic White Baguette.
- 1 ACE Bakery® White Baguette (or Harvest Multigrain Baguette)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup finely sliced green onion, white and green parts
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Emmenthal cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over low heat and melt the butter. Add the garlic and green onion and sauté gently for 2 or 3 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Using a serrated bread knife slice 12 slits into the baguette on the diagonal following the score lines of the baguette but don't cut all the way through. The slices will create little pockets across the baguette. Brush some of the garlic butter over the outside of the baguette using a pastry brush.
- In a large bowl stir together the cream cheese, Emmenthal and mozzarella cheese. Add the remaining garlic and green onion mixture and the chopped parsley and mix with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Using a small spatula, spread each little pocket slit generously with some of the cream cheese mixture. Keeping the baguette together wrap in foil and place directly on the oven rack. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until the bread is crusty and the cheese is warm and melted.
- Tear off slices of the cheesy loaf while still warm and melty.